Wednesday, October 25, 5:30-6:30 p.m. ET
Free for WMG members; $15.00 for non-members
The fastest-growing segment of the U.S. publishing industry is digital audio books, so let’s dive into the business behind this increasingly popular format. During this thought-provoking program, we’ll discuss:
- Who’s listening to audiobooks? How, where, and when do they listen?
- What are the best-selling audiobook genres and what makes a great audiobook?
- What are the most effective ways to market to the audiobook audience?
- What are the trends and hot topics in audio?
- Can the growth rate of audiobooks continue?
- This business overview brings together an extraordinary group of experts to share their knowledge about the current audiobooks marketplace and their thoughts about the future.
All proceeds from this event support the Women's Media Group Educational Foundation.
Michele Cobb has served on the Audio Publishers Association board since 2001, as a director and officer, and is currently Executive Director. She is a partner at Forte Business Consulting, which provides business development services for the publishing industry, and she is Publisher of both AudioFile Magazine and MMB Media.
Ally Demeter is an Associate Producer of audiobooks at Macmillan Publishers. Her seven years of audiobook experience began when she was an engineer for audiobook publisher, Recorded Books, and The Library of Congress. She has also worked at National Public Radio.
Ali Hammond has over 15 years of experience in the book industry. Currently, she is the Head of Merchandising at Chirp Audiobooks, where she focuses on supporting publishers and authors to promote their audiobooks and helping readers to find their next book to enjoy.
Larissa Helena leads the North America catalog expansion of the screen-free audio player, Yoto. She has forged partnerships with well-known brands Chronicles of Narnia, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Dragons Love Tacos, and Sesame Street. During her 14-year career in Publishing, she has worked as an executive editor in Brazil, and she is also an award-winning translator.
Jennifer A. Perry is Director of Audiobooks at Barnes & Noble and co-President of Women’s Media Group. Her long career in children’s publishing at Scholastic, Sesame Workshop, and as Executive Director of PEP Consulting has included the development and distribution of myriad audio formats and experiences.